Daytime drowsiness. Fatigue. Moodiness. Depression. These symptoms can all be signs of sleep apnea. Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry provides relief for your Puyallup sleep apnea using a custom oral device. It can help you:
- Sleep more soundly and get the rest you need
- Feel better and less groggy upon waking
- Be more alert and productive during your workday
- Reduce snoring that can disrupt your bed partner’s sleep
Call us today at 253-999-9419 to get sleep apnea relief.
An Oral Appliance Improves Your Sleep & Health
Did you know that you could experience hundreds of episodes of sleep apnea each night and not even be aware of it? If you’re a sufferer of severe sleep apnea, your sleep could be disrupted as many as 50 times per hour! Here’s how the sleep apnea cycle works for obstructive sleep apnea:
- Your tongue and other soft tissues in the back of your throat relax and block your airway during sleep.
- When this happens, your brain signals your body to wake up and take in more oxygen.
- After you do, you drift off to sleep once more – until the next episode occurs.
The experts at Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry can help. We can make a custom mouthguard for you to wear while sleeping. It will push your lower jaw forward enough to help keep your airway open. The result is fewer or even no sleep apnea occurrences! Plus, since those soft tissues won’t have air passing by them to cause snoring, your sleep will be quieter. You and your bed partner will both thank us!
Treating sleep apnea will also help you avoid serious health consequences. Many conditions have been linked to sleep apnea, including high blood pressure, heart attacks, and strokes.
Our treatment can actually help you live longer. Plus, a sleep appliance is much more convenient than using a CPAP machine, which is commonly prescribed for sleep apnea treatment:
- You won’t have to deal with any noise from a CPAP.
- You won’t have to wear an uncomfortable mask.
- Your appliance will be much easier to pack along on trips.
If you haven’t yet had a diagnosis of sleep apnea, don’t worry. We can refer you to a qualified physician or sleep specialist to have a sleep study done.
Puyallup sleep apnea doesn’t have to ruin your day – or your life. Call us today to schedule your consultation: 253-999-9419. You can also schedule online for a sleep apnea evaluation or to discuss your symptoms at your regular six-month checkup.