- Same-day appointments are available
- Relax and feel better with dental sedation
- Our quick help can prevent further smile damage
When you’re hurting and your smile is on the line, call Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry immediately for help: 253-999-9419. We can often fit you in the same day. Here’s what our team will do for your Puyallup dental emergencies:Doctor Greg Wetterhus on Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
We do offer emergency visits in our office. You have to make a call, and the front office will get you in. Most of the time it's the same day, and we'll try to fit you into the schedule and then diagnosis, and hopefully get you out of pain that same day. That's our goal, is to get our patients comfortable. Patients routinely call about toothaches, and the biggest two are either an extraction or a root canal that has to happen to the tooth. A lot of times we'll find a way to fit the patient in somehow, some way, to take care of those problems. If we can’t, we make personal phone calls to our oral surgeon's office or our endodontist office, and they get them in hopefully same day, so we try very hard to take care of the patients that same day.
- Listen to your concerns, answer any questions, and set your mind at ease
- Treat your immediate dental need so you can feel better soon
- Repair your smile and help you avoid more extensive dental work
- Provide follow-up care to help you maintain an attractive smile and a healthy mouth
Dental sedation is always available if you need help overcoming dental anxiety. Call us now to get quick care for your dental emergency: 253-999-9419. Our address is 3920 10th St. SE, not far from South Hill Mall.
Rest Easy With Our Skilled Care
Over more than 30 years of practice, there’s not a dental emergency that we haven’t helped a patient through. We’ve seen a little bit of everything, so whatever crisis your smile is facing, we can help you, too. Below are a few types of emergencies that we routinely treat, along with important steps to take before your appointment:
- Toothache – Don’t be fooled into thinking a toothache will just go away on its own. It can be a sign of a serious problem, such as an abscess. Call us as soon as possible for an appointment. In the meantime, use an ice pack on your cheek to help with pain and swelling.
- Broken or Chipped Tooth – Be sure to bring any broken pieces to your appointment. Use gauze to stop any bleeding and ice or a cold compress to alleviate swelling and pain.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Without touching the roots, rinse the tooth and try to reinsert it if possible. If not, put it in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva to preserve it. Call us as soon as possible because time is critical with this type of injury.
- Loose Crown – Place a thin smear of dental cement or toothpaste on the inside surface of the crown and try to put it back into place. If it won’t stay, bring it to your appointment so we can reattach it.
- Soft Tissue Injury – Stop any bleeding to your lip, cheek, tongue, or gums with gauze or a tea bag. If the bleeding won’t stop within a few minutes, go to the nearest emergency room.
Call Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry now for any Puyallup dental emergencies. We’ll get your smile back on track in a flash!