Extracting a tooth is not our first option, but it is sometimes necessary. Puyallup tooth removal from Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry can:Doctor Greg Wetterhus on Tooth Extractions Read Transcript
Patients call our office all the time with toothaches and problems, and it's great that we can help them out. When there's a tooth that's too far gone that we can't save anymore, even with a root canal, it's a great opportunity for ... extracted, bone grafted, and then place an implant in the future. We have patients that need teeth removed, and there's cases where we can get a diagnostic model all put together and get the case ready for whatever prosthesis, whatever needs to be put on it. We do dental implants and then we place crowns or bridges and sometimes dentures on these implants that we place in patients' mouths.
- Protect the health of your other teeth and gums
- Prevent the need for additional dental work and expense
- Stop your pain so you feel better
- Make room for dentures or dental implants
Count on Our Team For Comfortable Care
At Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry, we will always try to save a tooth if possible. We can place a new CEREC crown (made right in our office) on a damaged tooth or repair a diseased tooth using a root canal procedure. However, if tooth removal is necessary to protect your oral health, we can perform all extractions right here – both for regular teeth and for wisdom teeth, or “third molars.”
We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your procedure. You’ll have your choice of sedation options to help you relax. We offer inhaled sedation using laughing gas and oral conscious sedation with a prescribed pill you’ll take ahead of your procedure. Both sedation methods are great at relieving dental anxiety and helping calm your nerves.
We also offer several comforting amenities that will help you feel right at home. Feel free to ask for a soft pillow, warm blanket, or headphones to help you relax. Your comfort is our top priority at Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry.
We Can Replace Your Missing Tooth
After your tooth is extracted, it is best to replace it to keep your remaining teeth from shifting. Below are a few replacement options:
- Implant Crown – We can place an implant where your tooth was, then attach a new CEREC crown on top.
- Fixed Bridge – This type of bridge will replace one or more missing teeth, anchoring on either end to your natural teeth.
- Implant Bridge – Using two or more implants, we can replace several teeth in a row.
- Dentures – Partial dentures will work if you have healthy teeth remaining, or full dentures can replace all your teeth on one or both arches.
If you need Puyallup tooth removal, you’re in the right place. Call us today at 253-999-9419 to schedule your appointment.