You want to send your kids off to school well rested, happy, and with a healthy smile. There’s not much we can do about the first two things, but the Smith & Wetterhus Dentistry team can certainly get your child’s smile in great shape!
At our Puyallup, WA office we can help you start the school year off right with:
- Cleanings and Exams – It’s a good idea to get your children’s cleanings and exams out of the way before the rush that typically occurs right before students go back to school. We make it easy to schedule by offering appointment times as early as 7 a.m.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – If you’ve got a teenager complaining of dental pain, it may be due to wisdom teeth. They sometimes hurt when they come in. If it’s a tight fit for these late-erupting molars, they can also make your child more susceptible to gum disease and decay. Removing them before classes start is a good idea, so your child has plenty of time to recover.
- Custom Mouthguards – A custom mouthguard fits much better than one purchased from a store, so it provides superior protection for your young athletes’ teeth. With a comfortable fit, they won’t be tempted to skip wearing it during practices or games.
- Cosmetic Treatments – If your child doesn’t like how their smile looks, they may feel self-conscious about it. This can make them less likely to join teams, clubs, and other new activities. Fix their smile flaws with teeth whitening, tooth contouring, dental veneers, or other cosmetic services.
- Invisalign Orthodontics – Invisalign is much easier to get used to than metal braces. Still, it takes some time to adjust to how the aligners feel in the mouth and how to care for them. Make it easier on your student by ensuring they feel fully comfortable with their aligners before they return to the classroom.
To make appointments for your family, call us today at 253-999-9419. For your convenience, you can schedule your visit as early as 7 a.m.!