If you have dentures, you may wonder if there is a better way to replace full arches of teeth. You likely find it tough to eat some of your favorite foods and may have found that your replacement teeth can slip out of place, even with adhesive. At our practice, we have a great option for you: full-arch implants.
A full-arch implant procedure typically involves using as few as four dental implants to support a complete arch of new teeth in your upper or lower jaw. Your dentist will use 3-D imaging to determine the optimal number of implants to use. Computer-guided technology is also used, for the most precise placement of implants. These implants are sometimes called All-on-4 implants, after the number of implants that may be used.
To see if you’re a candidate for this implant treatment, call 253-999-9419 to schedule a consultation in our Puyallup, WA office. In the meantime, see some of the benefits of full-arch implants:
- Your Bone Stays Strong – Dental implants help improve overall oral health by stopping bone loss in your jaw. When teeth are missing, the jawbone deteriorates over time. However, implants stimulate the bone and promote its growth. This preserves your jaw’s shape and structure. It also means your teeth will maintain a great fit. You won’t need any relining procedures to improve the fit of loose dentures.
- You’ll Enjoy a Natural Feel and Function – All-on-4 implants look more natural than removable dentures. The prosthetic teeth are designed to match your natural teeth. Since the implants are fixed in your jaw, they also give you a sensation much closer to that of natural teeth. Many people forget they even have them!
- Your Teeth Will Stay Put – Unlike standard dentures, which simply sit on top of your gums, your implant dentures stay securely in place. You’ll have chewing power similar to what you had before losing teeth. So you can eat more of the foods you love. Best of all, you won’t need adhesive anymore.
- Your Procedure Is Less Invasive – All-on-4 treatment uses fewer implants than other kinds of implant dentures. This offers many benefits, including a quicker healing time and often a lower cost.
- Your Teeth Are Comfortable – Since replacement teeth attached to implants won’t shift out of place, you won’t have to worry about sore spots on your gums.